Many of us celebrate with family and friends at the lake, beach, or from the comforts of our choosing. With that in mind, let’s take a look at how you can keep you and your family safe this holiday.
- Call the non-emergency phone number of your local fire department to find out if there is a burn ban in your area
- Light fireworks one at a time
- Do not point fireworks at anyone
- Keep fireworks away from small children
- Keep water or anything that will extinguish the fireworks if needed
- Keep grill at safe distance away from buildings and people
- Do not leave grill unattended
- Always be aware of your surroundings
- Always wear a life jacket
- Swim in a lifeguarded area
These precautions are necessary to ensure that everyone has a fun and safe 4th of July weekend with family and friends.